Sinai: Dozens Killed in Egyptian Army Assault

September 7, 2013  

The Egyptian military is mounting what is reportedly its largest operation in the Sinai Peninsula since the 1973 Yom Kippur War – as part of a struggle against islamist terrorists. At least 30 people are said to have been killed in the operation, which began Saturday morning.

According to the Bethlehem-based Maan news agency, military helicopters targeted arms depots and army forces took control of communications centers.

The operation was intended “to clean out the villages of Rafa and Sheikh Zweid of dangerous terrorists,” an official Egyptian military source said earlier in the day.

On Tuesday, four Egyptian military Apache helicopters fired missiles at terrorist targets in the Sinai, reportedly killing 15 people. The attack included the firing of 13 missiles at the homes and vehicles that serve terror suspects.


Protect and Support Israel by Sharing our Articles

Similar posts

Leave a Reply




© 2007-2023 Solve Israel's Problems. All Rights Reserved